Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Peril vs. Triumph

"When there is no peril in the fight, there is no glory in the triumph" - Pierre Corneille

Firstly, I want to extend a huge thank you and all my gratitude to Jen, Mike, and Dave for allowing me to be part of this journey. I am so lucky to work with such an amazing group of supportive educators.

As these first two days have come and gone - I realized how nervous I was about rolling out standards based assessment to all my students. I was nervous they wouldn't understand the concept, or would run to their counselors asking to be switched to a different English teacher.

While I believe very strongly in standards based assessment, it has proven, at times, to be a rather scary endeavor.  However, I have already had some great feedback from students who are excited to begin this journey with me!

I am looking forward to "the fight" but am even more excited about the triumphs to come.

-MR

No comments:

Post a Comment