Friday, August 30, 2013

D minus 4...

Just want to say thanks to my remarkable, creative teammates: Dave J, Meredith R, and Jen T. I'm inspired by you and this grand idea of helping kids learn how to learn. And I like the idea of this blog. I'll try to throw in a "guess what..." and/or a "what for..." as often as I can.

My head is full of "What am I gonna say first?" as we approach the opening day of school and the reload of our head-first dive into Empowered Learning. My favorite place to try out my material is when I'm driving in the car. No one can hear me - but me - and fellow motorists just think I'm talking on my hands-free or singing along to my favorite song.

So I'm cruisin' down Tele yesterday with messy ideas swirling around the bowl in my head and all the sudden I'm talking out loud...

"Welcome to Bloomfield Hills High School and the first day of school. I'm really glad we're all here and I'm psyched for the upcoming year.

"Here are three things we can say about the fact that we are all here now. One, the subject is World History. Two, I'm your teacher. And three, this is 9Camp - Room 10.

"But I have to confess that only one of these things is true. Can you guess which one?"

Can you?

(to be continued...)

"In these days, a man who says a thing cannot be done is apt to be interrupted by some idiot doing it."

No comments:

Post a Comment